Visit Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria dell’Accademia, marvel at Siena’s tiger-striped Duomo, or eat and drink your way around the wine villages and estates of Chianti: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Florence and Tuscany with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Florence & Tuscany:
– Over 35 color maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Florence, help you navigate with ease
– Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
– Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Florence and Tuscany designed for every interest and budget
– Illustrations and floor plans show in detail the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Ponte Vecchio, Santa Croce, Siena’s Duomo, and more
– Color photographs of Tuscany’s rolling hills, medieval towns, iconic architecture, scenic coastline, and more
– Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Florence’s city center and Oltrarno, and north, south, east, and west Tuscany, including Pisa, Livorno, Volterra, Lucca, Cortona, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, and Siena
– Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region’s art and architecture, beautiful landscape, festivals, events, and more
– Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful phrases and travel, visa, and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Florence & Tuscany is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Florence and Tuscany.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one.” –The Independent
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Florence & Tuscany.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.