Experience classical Rome and step inside the iconic Colosseum; experience the religious Rome and visit Vatican City, a country all its own; experience the delicious Rome and stroll the city’s beautiful piazzas with a gelato in hand.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome.
• Hotel and restaurant listings and recommendations.
• Detailed itineraries and “don’t-miss” destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected site and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
• Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
• Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
• Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Rome truly shows you what others only tell you.
Recommended: For a pocket guidebook to Rome, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Rome, which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time and experience the best of everything.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.