Ready to experience Rome? The experts at Fodor’s are here to help. Fodor’s Rome travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of Rome, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to tour the Roman Forum, explore the Vatican, or marvel at the Colosseum, this user-friendly guidebook will help you plan it all out. Our local writers vet every recommendation to ensure that you not only make the most of your time, but that you also have all the most up-to-date and essential information you need to plan the perfect trip.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning! Fodor’s Rome includes:
• AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE
- visually captures the top highlights of Rome
• SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES
- throughout, including special features on Ancient Rome, the Sistine Chapel, and the Campo de’Fiori.
• INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS
- identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
• MULTIPLE ITINERARIES
- for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
• MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP
- help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
• EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS
- offer options for every taste.
• TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include:
- guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and basic Italian phrases.
• LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE
- tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
• HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS
- add perspective and enrich your travels.
- Vatican City, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Pantheon,Trastevere, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. Planning on visiting the rest of Italy? Check out Fodor’s Essential Italy; Fodor’s the Best of Italy; Fodor’s Amalfi Coast, Capri, and Naples; and Fodor’s Florence and Tuscany.