Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stare in awe at the Sistine Chapel, sip a cappuccino on a cobbled piazza (square) or walk in the footsteps of gladiators at the Colosseum; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Rome Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including history, art, architecture, literature, cinema, music, cuisine, wine and the Roman way of life
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 36 colour maps
- Covers Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi, Vatican City, Monti, Esquilino, Trastevere, Gianicolo, Testaccio, Villa Borghese, highlights of Lazio, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Rome, our most comprehensive guide to Rome, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Rome? Check out Lonely Planet Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to the city’s most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.