“If this were the only cookbook you owned, neither you nor those you cooked for would ever get bored.” —Nigella Lawson
Marcella Hazan introduced Americans to a whole new world of Italian food. In this, her magnum opus, she gives us a manual for cooks of every level of expertise—from beginners to accomplished professionals.
In these pages, home cooks will discover:
• Minestrone alla Romagnola
• Tortelli Stuffed with Parsley and Ricotta
• Risotto with Clams
• Squid and Potatoes, Genoa Style
• Chicken Cacciatora
• Ossobuco in Bianco
• Meatballs and Tomatoes
• Artichoke Torta
• Crisp-Fried Zucchini blossoms
• Sunchoke and Spinach Salad
• Chestnuts Boiled in Red Wine, Romagna Style
• Polenta Shortcake with Raisins, Dried Figs, and Pine Nuts
• And much more
This is the go-to Italian cookbook for students, newlyweds, and master chefs, alike. Beautifully illustrated with line drawings throughout, Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking brings together nearly five hundred of the most delicious recipes from the Italian repertoire in one indispensable volume.
As the generations of readers who have turned to it over the years know (and as their spattered and worn copies can attest), there is no more passionate and inspiring guide to the cuisine of Italy.