Written by locals, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
Packed with landmark sights, world-renowned museums, awe-inspiring churches, fabulous trattorias, and, of course, the Vatican, Rome is a city that’s worth returning to over and over again. And with so much to see and do in the Eternal City, Fodor’s Rome is the guide to help travelers make the most of every trip.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor’s Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on The Sistine Chapel Ceiling, the Campo de’ Fiori, the Vatican, and Ancient Rome
· Major sights such as Vatican City, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Pantheon, Trastevere, Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps
· Side Trips from Rome with Ostia Antica, Tivoli, and The Castelli Romani
· Coverage of Ancient Rome, The Vatican, Piazza Navona, Campo de’ Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto, Piazza di Spagna, Repubblica and Quirinale, Trastevere, Villa Borghese, Piazza del Popolo and Flaminio, Aventino and Testaccio, and Monti, Esquilino, Celio and the Via Appia Antica