Written by locals, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Venice, one of the most romantic cities in the world and a premiere destination for arts and culture, is a perennial travel destination. The yearly Carnevale festivities attract masses of people and every other year, brings the Biennale dell’Arte–an event which has grown to cover art, film, music, dance, theater, and architecture.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor’s Choice designating our top picks
· A great itinerary to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on The Grand Canal, The Basilica di San Marco, and Palladio Country
· Major sights such as Piazza San Marco, Grand Canal, Gallerie dell’Accademia, Ca’ Rezzonico, Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, Scuola Grande di San Rocco, Torcello, The Villas and Palazzi of Palladio, and Giotto’s Frescoes
· Side Trips from Venice including Padua, Vicenza, Verona, and Friuli-Venezia Giulia
· Coverage of San Marco, Dorsoduro, San Polo and Santa Croce, Cannaregio, Castello, San Giorgio Maggiore, The Guidecca, The Lido, and Islands of the Northern Lagoon
Planning to visit more of Italy? Check out Fodor’s country-wide travel guide to Italy.