This volume presents fifty-five stories, newly translated, of the hundred novelle that comprise Boccaccio’s masterpiece._x000D_
Winner of the 2014 PEN USA Literary Award for Translation_x000D_
This Norton Critical Edition includes:_x000D_
· Fifty-five judiciously chosen stories from Wayne A. Rebhorn’s translation of The Decameron._x000D_
· Introductory materials and explanatory footnotes by Wayne A. Rebhorn, along with three maps._x000D_
· Biographical works by Filippo Villani and Ludovico Dolce along with literary studies by Francesco Petrarca, Andreas Capellanus, and Boccaccio._x000D_
· Eleven critical essays, including those by Giuseppe Mazzotta, Millicent Marcus, Teodolinda Barolini, Susanne L. Wofford, Luciano Rossi, and Richard Kuhns._x000D_
· A Chronology and a Selected Bibliography.