Written by one of Italy’s most distinguished journalists, this guidebook-a favorite in Italy and Germany-combines vivid, engaging descriptions and background with great practicality and enormous breadth of knowledge.
A book both for people visiting Rome for the first time and for those who find themselves frustrated by the city’s sheer complexity, this is an utterly reliable and accessible companion that brings the staggering riches of the Eternal City to vivid life. Comprehensive in scope, but plotted with both precision and panache, it will help any visitor make the most of even the briefest time in Rome.
* Ten original walks and diversions uncover the heart of Rome
* Fascinating text reveals the city’s extraordinary rich tangle of 27 centuries of history and architecture
* Full indexes and a biographical dictionary of artists
* Hundreds of maps and diagrams make orientation foolproof
* Complete visitor information provides practical details about staying and eating Rome