Rome’s splendid antiquities and glorious historic palazzi are justly famous, but there’s a buzzing modern metropolis beneath the history that’s well worth getting to know.
We provide the lowdown on world-renowned sights, and venture into the minor marvels, the contemporary surprises, the rich and rewarding restaurant scene and the wealth of arts
Time Out Rome charts the ups and downs of this contradictory city. With the help of local journalists, writers and experts, the Rome City Guide takes you beyond the iconic and into places where locals work, play and indulge, sampling the full extent of its monuments, museums and galleries, and the best of its eating, shopping and carousing.
– Written by an unrivalled network of local experts to give visitors the very best city experience
– Chapters are arranged by area with colour coding and a local map for each section, helping readers navigate the guide and the city with ease
– Hundreds of hand-picked restaurants, cafes and bars that have been visited and reviewed anonymously by critics who pay their own way=
– A range of magazine-style feature articles really help readers get a feel for the local vibe, main attractions and brilliant itineraries
– Includes a pull-out city map to help visitors navigate their way between the sights